LAST UPDATED: Dec. 20, 2020, 10:17 a.m.
Kolkata: Home Minister Amit Shah is on a two-day tour of West Bengal and today is the second and final date of his visit.
Like the first day, the Home Minister’s program is going to be busy. Amit Shah will attend the Vishwa-Bharati University program at Bolpur in Birbhum district at 11 am today. Later, he will have lunch at the home of the singer Basudev Das. Amit Shah will oversee a BJP road show at 2 pm.
On the first day of his West Bengal tour, Amit Shah had visited Swami Vivekananda’s ancestral home in Kolkata, after which he also went to the Ramakrishna Mission.
Later Amit Shah garlanded the statue of freedom fighter Khudiram Bose in Midnapore and visited reached the Maa Siddheshwari Temple.
Amit Shah also took part in a BJP rally in Midnapore.
Home Minister Amit Shah’s entire program today
– Amit Shah will participate in a program at Visva-Bharati University, Shanti Niketan on December 20 at 11 am. Here at Rabindra Bhavan he will pay homage to Guru Rabindranath Tagore. After this, he will talk to the media.
After this, the Home Minister will go to Sangeet Bhavan of the University and will address a gathering at the Bangladesh Bhavan auditorium here at 12 noon.
– Amit Shah will dine with the family of a folk singer at 12.50 pm in Shyambati, Paruldanga, Birbhum.
– At 2 pm, Amit Shah will do a roadshow from the Hanuman Mandir located in Bolpur to Bolpur Circle at Stadium Road.
– After this, at 4.45 pm, he will hold a press conference at Mohor Cottage Resort.
– With this, Amit Shah’s two-day West Bengal tour will come to an end.
On Saturday, Amit Shah had addressed a massive rally in the neighbouring Paschim Medinipur district during which former Trinamool Congress (TMC) minister Suvendu Adhikari and nine MLAs joined the BJP. Five of these MLAs left the ruling Trinamool Congress (TMC) to join the BJP.
Slamming the “politics of appeasement” being practiced by Trinamool Congress (TMC) chief Mamata Banerjee, Amit Shah asserted that the BJP will win more than 200 seats and form the next government in West Bengal.