Varanasi: A regular commuter bus turned into a ball of fire when it suddenly caught fire in Varanasi. Reportedly, the fire was sparked from a short circuit.
The bus was going from Varanasi Cantt to Shaktinagar. Fortunately, the Manduwadih police reached the spot, stopped the traffic till the fire tenders arrived.
The fire was brought under control, although by then the bus reduced to a pile of ashes. Though the fire was brought under control within 15 minutes, it too the fire tenders a whole hour to completely extinguish the inferno.
No loss of life was reported. Fire fighters saved several lives, including the innocents trapped on the roof. The driver successfully deboarded all the passengers before the fire could reach the fuel tank, after which it became unmitigated.
Station Officer (SO) of Manduwadih, Rajeev Kumar Singh, had reached the spot, diverted the traffic lest unsuspecting passerby became victims, diverted them and called the fire brigade.
first published:Dec. 6, 2021, 7:40 p.m.