Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami on Monday informed that no casualty among tourists has been reported during heavy rains in the state over the past few days.
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami on Monday informed that no casualty among tourists has been reported during heavy rains in the state over the past few days.
“Due to our prompt actions, there has been no casualty among tourists in the state during rains. Our next step is to complete the reconstruction work as soon as possible and provide relief assistance to affected people,” Dhami said.
“As per SDRF’s standard, we have raised the aid from Rs 3,800 to Rs 5,000 for household goods that was damaged due to rains. We have also raised grant from Rs 95,000 to Rs 1.5 lakh each for damaged houses,” he added.
The Chief Minister further noted that a high-power committee will be constituted to monitor reconstruction work of the damage caused by the calamity.
“The committee will also look after the relief work and relief assistance given to the affected people. We are assessing the damage caused by the disaster,” he added.
The death toll due to rain-related incidents in Uttarakhand has reached 72 and four people are still missing, said the Uttarakhand government on Sunday. As per the report, 26 people were injured in the disaster from October 17 to 19. Also, 224 houses were damaged in these incidents.
Amid torrential rains, the hilly state has witnessed flooded roads, landslides, and overflowing rivers leaving people stranded in various places.
Earlier on Friday, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami announced that he would contribute his salary for the month of October 2021 towards the Uttarakhand’s Chief Minister’s Relief Fund (CMRF). His contribution to the CMRF was announced in the wake of the natural calamity that struck the state recently.
first published:Oct. 25, 2021, 6:16 p.m.