Chhath Puja 2021 Thekua Recipe: This year Chhath festival begins on Monday (November 8) with Nahay-Khay and will end at dawn on November 11. Devotees observe this four-day festival to please Chhathi Maiyya.
During this festival, Chhathi Maiyya is offered seasonal fruits and vegetables as well as mahaprasad of thekua. The Chhath Puja is considered incomplete without this offering. This offering is very dear to Chhathi Maiyya. It is quite crispy and tasty too.
Here is an easy recipe for Thekua. Here’s how Chhath’s mahaprasad Thekua is made:
Wheat flour – 500 g
Jaggery – 250 g
Ghee – for frying
Cardamom crushed – 10
Coconut – 1 cup (grated)
Steps To Follow:
– To make the Mahaprasad of Chhath, first take jaggery and chop it into small pieces.
– Then add 1 cup of water and jaggery to a large container and let it cook till it boils.
– Then when the jaggery is completely dissolved, add it to the wheat flour and mix well.
– Strain the syrup before putting it in the flour.
– Then add crushed cardamom and grated coconut to the flour and mix.
– Now knead a stiff dough with the help of water.
– Now pinch small balls from this dough and gently massage it with your hands.
– Now add ghee to the pan and heat it and fry the thekua.
– Remove from the oil when it’s golden.
Your Chhath Maha Prasad Thekua is ready!