Lucknow: Can it be said Samajwadi Party has got its ‘tallest leader’ just days ahead of Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2022? Wondering how? Dharmendra Pratap Singh, with a height of 2.4 m (8 feet 1 inch), and who claims to be India’s tallest man has joined Akhilesh Yadav-led party.
Soon after Singh joined the party, there was a photo of everyone, including Akhilesh Yadav, posing with him shared on the party’s official Twitter handle.
Here’s all you need to know about Dharmendra Pratap Singh
– Dharmendra Pratap Singh, the country’s tallest man, is a resident of Narharpur Kasiyahi village in Pratapgarh district of Uttar Pradesh
– Dharmendra, 46-year-old, is 11 inches short of being the world’s tallest person
– Dharmendra is also considered Asia’s tallest person
– Most of the people, including police personnel and administrative officials, approach him to click selfies with him
– Dharmendra’s name is also mentioned in the Guinness World Records
– He has two sisters and two brothers
– Dharmendra holds a postgraduate degree and has a masters degree too. Despite this, he used to go to Delhi and Mumbai to let people click photos with him and it was a way he earned his living
– Joining Samajwadi Party is Dharmendra’s official debut in politics
– Dharmendra met with a car accident in 2013 after which he had suffered long
– In 2019, he underwent a challenging hip replacement surgery
– Dharmendra hails from an underprivileged family and suffers from height-related ailments
– In panchayat elections, Dharmendra had said he is the tallest person in India, but neither anyone is ready to marry him nor does anyone provide him a job
Voting for the 403 Uttar Pradesh Assembly seats will be held in seven phases between February 10 and March 7. The counting of votes will be held on March 10.
first published:Jan. 23, 2022, 1:57 p.m.