New Delhi: The entire Delhi-NCR region, Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Haryana are under complete lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic.
In such a situation, the impact of the lockdown is affecting the lives of the common people as well as the Railways.
The Railways is facing shortage of passengers. In such a situation, instead of running at a loss, the Railways is reducing the number of trains.
However, this will not have much impact for the passengers as everything has stopped due to the lockdown in view of the coronavirus pandemic. Only those involved with certain essential services are exempt.
Northern Railway is not in a position to run local trains due to the extension of the lockdown period in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh. The period of canceled trains has been extended between Delhi to several cities of Uttar Pradesh.
Any decision will be taken as per the decision of the state governments regarding the lockdown. It has also been decided to cancel two trains going to Bihar till further orders.
In March and April, the number of local trains was being increased to reduce the hassle of daily commuters coming to Delhi. At the same time, due to the lockdown and reduced number of passengers, their operations have to be stopped. It has now been decided not to run passenger trains connecting Delhi to cities like Ghaziabad, Tundla, Aligarh.
Railway officials say that earlier there was a crowd of passengers on the eastbound trains, but now the situation is changing. The number of passengers on trains going to West Bengal and Bihar has also decreased. Due to this, the trips of many trains in the east direction have been reduced. Some cancellations have also been done.
Canceled Local Trains:
– Old Delhi – Tundla MEMU Special (04184/04183)
– Hathras Fort – Old Delhi MEMU Special (04417/04418)
– Aligarh – New Delhi EMU Special (04415/04414)
– Ghaziabad-Mathura EMU Special (04420/04419) New Delhi-Ghaziabad Special (04444/04443)
Trains between Delhi and Bihar canceled
– Anand Vihar Terminal: Danapur Special (03258/03257) – will be canceled from May 27 until further orders.
– New Delhi-Rajgir Humsafar Clone Express (03392/03391) – will be canceled from May 28 until further orders.