LAST UPDATED: March 16, 2021, 10:33 p.m.
New Delhi. Aam Aadmi Party senior leader and MCD in-charge Shri Durgesh Pathak on Tuesday said that the MCD had submitted a report to the Delhi government that it will build a treatment plant to remove the huge piles of garbage in 2022. While the BJP-ruled MCD has said that during this period, neither will the landfill site be littered any further, nor will its height increase, the reality is otherwise.
In reality, during the construction of this plant, neither will the dumping of garbage be stopped, nor will the height of any landfill site be reduced. The BJP-ruled MCD’s leaders make tall claims that they’ve reduced waste at the landfill sites, but their own reports seem to state otherwise, thereby proving their claims to be false.
The BJP’s report states that in East Delhi, only 1300 metric tonne of the 2800 metric tonne of garbage; in South Delhi, only 1600 metric tonne of the daily 3600 metric tonne garbage is treated; in North Delhi, just 2000 metric tonne of the 4000 metric tonne garbage is treated; and the remaining untreated garbage is left behind at the landfill sites. In such a situation, if the garbage is not reducing, then what are the BJP leaders, the Mayor claiming?
Aam Aadmi Party senior leader and MCD incharge Durgesh Pathak said that Delhi won’t be freed of this garbage pile for the next two years. MCD has submitted a report to the Delhi government that it will build a treatment plant to remove this garbage in 2022. As per the BJP-ruled MCD, this new treatment plant will eliminate further littering of the landfill sites, and the height of the garbage here will not increase.
While the BJP has given a detailed report on this, this report has backfired. In reality, during the construction of this plant, neither will the dumping of garbage be stopped, nor will the height of any landfill site be reduced. Therefore, the pile of garbage will continue to increase at all landfill sites.
Detailing the figure of the three MCD reports, Durgesh Pathak said that there are three landfill sites in Delhi. The first is at Bhalswa, the second at Ghazipur and the third at Okhla. The BJP has now adopted a new way of harassing the people of Delhi. Two months before this, BJP’s top leaders, such as Manoj Tiwari, Gautam Gambhir and the mayor of the three MCDs claimed that the height of the garbage at each of the three landfill sites had been reduced by 12 to 15 meters, but their reports reveal something else. The garbage here is only increasing. How is the length being reduced?
Durgesh Pathak said that BJP’s own report is exposing its lies, and falsifying its claims. When the garbage at the landfill sites is not reducing, how can the height of said landfill reduce? This clearly shows that the BJP-ruled MCD is attempting to mislead the people of Delhi. While there is little scope for improvement at either of the three landfill sites, with this treatment plant that the BJP is referring to, one thing is certain that Delhi will remain dirty for the foreseeable future.