Cough Home Remedies: In winters, people usually experience minor health issues, such as cold-cough, fever, which are the most common ailments. There is also a risk of Covid-19 or the Omicron variant of coronavirus at this time. Hence, cough has become a problem for everyone. There are two types of cough i.e. dry cough and mucus cough. Both types of cough add to the worries of people. Cough is also a symptom of Omicron variant of the Covid-19, so it should not be ignored. Here we will tell you what you should do to get rid of cough.
Remedies to relieve mucus cough-– This cough is caused by an infection in the throat. If the cough is not treated timely, then it can become a cause for many other types of diseases. However, it can be cured by adopting some home remedies.
- Take steam at least 3 times a day to lighten the mucus in the lungs.
- Consume lukewarm water, soup, and ‘kadha’ (decoction of herbs spices water) to get rid of the cough.
- Instead of lying on the back, lie on your right or left side. This helps remove the phlegm quickly.
- Consuming one and a half teaspoons of honey half an hour before going to bed at night reduces the phlegm and helps one sleep better.
- Drink ginger tea when you have mucus cough.
How to get rid of dry cough- A person suffering from a dry cough may experience pain in the stomach and ribs. But it can be fixed using a few remedies.
- Drink lukewarm water in dry cough.
- Resort to steam to get rid of dry cough.
- Add lemon and honey and drink water. Drinking this will help relax the throat.
Disclaimer: ABP Live does not confirm the methods, procedures, and claims mentioned in this article. Kindly take these as suggestions only. Please consult a doctor before following any of the above-mentioned treatments/medications/diets.
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )