LAST UPDATED: Dec. 29, 2020, 12:53 p.m.
New Delhi: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel said during News 24 Manthan 2021 that it is very difficult to enumerate our work on our own.
“When there is a smile on the face of the farmer and the workers, then understand that our work is going well. Businessmen, industrialists and the tribals are all happy in the state,” Bhupesh Baghel said.
“We have bought half the paddy since December 1, but the central government has not yet allowed deposit of rice in FCI. The Government of India had agreed to give one lakh 45 thousand gunny bags, but so far only one lakh 5 thousand have been given,” the Chhattisgarh CM added.
Important things said by Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel at News 24 Manthan 2021:
– The state government cannot give money to farmers above the MSP, for that the central government said in August 2014 that if the support gives more bonus than the price, then the grain will not be taken from it. However an exemption was given for this in the election year.
– We had purchased the support price and gave compensation of Rs. 10,000 per acre to the farmers under the Rajiv Gandhi scheme.
– Farmers will be affected by the Mandi Act and we amended it. However, it has not yet received approval from the Governor. We are supporting the peasant movement.
– Raman Singh has scammed the rice of 36 thousand crores and has filed a PIL in the court, asking to stop its investigation.
– We have bought 2 kg of cow dung from the poor. About 32 lakh quintals have been purchased in the state and 64 crore rupees have been paid.
– Rahul Gandhi first opposed the agricultural law and then Congress governments enacted a law against it. Rahul Gandhi went to the President and opposed it.