New Delhi: The Uttarakhand government has decided to extend the COVID-19 lockdown for a week from today. The lockdown was earlier scheduled to end on June 15, but has now been extended till June 22.
“Covid-19 lockdown has been extended from June 15 to June 22. Old SOP will be followed with some changes. People of Chamoli, Rudraprayag and Uttarkashi now have only negative RTs. Permission to visit Badrinath, Kedarnath and Gangotri-Yamunotri with PCR report respectively,” Uttarakhand minister Subodh Uniyal said.
Guidelines for Lockdown in Uttarakhand
– People will be allowed to visit vaccination centers during the lockdown if they have documents.
– The order states that only 20 people with a negative RT-PCR test report and whose age is not more than 72 years can attend weddings.
– Similarly, not more than 20 people can attend funerals.
– Shops of essential commodities like milk, meat, fish, fruits and vegetables will open daily from 8 am to 12 noon during the lockdown.
– The order said that PDS outlets will also operate daily from 8 am to 12 noon while groceries and stationery shops will operate from 8 am to 1 pm.
– It said that liquor shops have been allowed to open for five hours from 8 am to 1 pm on June 9, 11 and 14. However, the bars will remain closed till further orders.
– All educational and coaching institutions, cinema halls, shopping malls, stadiums, gyms and restaurants will remain closed during this period.
– People coming from outside the state will have to register on the smart city portal and submit a negative RT-PCR test report not older than 72 hours on arrival.
– Migrants returning to their villages will have to stay in local quarantine for seven days, after which they can go home based on their symptoms.
– Medicine shops and testing labs will be open 24 hours, while banks will be open from 10 am to 2 pm.