LAST UPDATED: March 31, 2021, 8:49 a.m.
Prashant Dev, New Delhi: Indian Army Chief General MM Narwane has asserted that India has not lost an inch of land on the LAC and that India’s position remains in the same place as it was before the dispute began last year.
General Narwane was talking about the India-China disengagement process in Ladakh.
Indian Army Chief General Narwane said that India has not lost any territory amid tension along the border with China along the Line of Actual Control in eastern Ladakh.
“We have not lost any area and we are in the same place where we were before we started this whole thing. We have not lost an inch of land,” he said.
Regarding the situation on LAC, General Narwane said that ‘after nine rounds of talks at the Corps Commander level, we had agreed to step back from these deadlocked areas in a phased manner and accordingly the withdrawal process started after February 10. This happened according to plan and people from the Kailas range along the northern and southern shores of Pangong Lake have returned to their respective permanent locations.”
The Indian Army chief said that because of this, the possibility of misunderstanding has reduced considerably. On the aggressive positions of China like Gogra Hotspring, General Narwane said that the whole situation is being dealt with in a phased manner. Further negotiations will continue and they are confident that differences will be reduced through dialogue.
“Along with this, there have been some recent terrorist incidents in Kashmir. The youth are still joining militant organizations in the valley. However, the terrorist incidents have improved significantly. Our effort is to prevent the youth from going in the wrong way. He said that we also have some local terrorists who feel marginalized in recent times,” he said.