LAST UPDATED: Jan. 27, 2021, 4:59 p.m.
NEW DELHI (DIVYA SAINI): Digestion is the very major disease that people are suffering from and the reason is that people lay down on couch, instead of walking it out. Many of us are aware that how important it is to walk after eating, as it is a form of exercise, and its benefits includes boosting up the metabolism, aiding digestion, and lowering the stress levels. It also improves your intestinal movement, promotes better sleep, and boosts the blood circulation.
1. Improves digestion: Walking after eating helps in good digestion. We consume a lot of electrolytes, water, vitamins, carbohydrates, and other nutrients and it requires time to absorb and transport through your body. The process can become easy if walking becomes part of your lifestyle.
2. Improves blood sugar: Walking after eating is a great exercise for people suffering from diabetes as it helps to regulate blood sugar levels. The food you eat must be broken down into forms of energy and then body uses it for performing activities.
3. Decreases stress: Walking helps to release stress as when we walk our body releases a hormone called endorphins, which helps in reducing stress. Walking after meals helps to give you a calming effect on the body which helps to improve your mood, focus, and concentration.
4. Decreases muscle soreness: Walking helps to heal sore muscles and reduce muscle fatigue Walking after meals transports the beneficial nutrients to the cells and waste products out of the cells to help promote recovery.
5. Boosts blood flow: When we walk our body pumps more blood which is essential for our muscles limbs and organs, a better circulation due to walking will give you a healthier vascular system that will help to transport the essential nutrients to bones, muscles, and organs.
Image credits: Google