Four women die, three injured as gas Cylinder caught fire in Saharanpur

Saharanpur: Four women were killed and three others received injuries as a cooking gas cylinder caught fire in UP’s Saharanpur district, said police.

The incident occurred in Vikrampur village which comes under the Kalan police station when the women were cooking food for guests.

The Superintendent of Police (Rural) Sanjeev Bajpai said, ”A fire broke out in the kitchen when the LPG cylinder caught fire. Three women who were in the kitchen at the time of the incident could not escape and were burnt to death. Another woman succumbed to her injuries in hospital.” The deceased have been identified as Munni Devi (60), Nilam Devi (35), Ganga Devi (65) and Vandana (18). The bodies of the first three have been recovered, the police said.

Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath expressed grief over the loss of lives in the incident. He has also directed the local administration to make sure that the injured are provided proper treatment, the Chief Minister’s Office said in a tweet.

Source link

Share: