Smartphone has become the necessity in today’s era. While it has many advantages, it also has some disadvantages. Radiation emanating from mobile is said to be fatal.
New Delhi: Smartphone has become the necessity in today’s era. While it has many advantages, it also has some disadvantages. Radiation emanating from mobile is said to be fatal.
Know what can happen
- Continuous use of mobile for 50 minutes daily can damage brain cells.
- You can also get cancer from mobile phone radiation.
No solid evidence of disease
Often times such news comes out, in which it is told that mobile can cause serious diseases like cancer or brain tumor etc. However, according to experts, it has not been proved in any research so far that a person can have cancer or brain tumor or any other deadly disease due to mobile radiation. However, it is better not to use the phone emitting more radiation than the fixed limit (1.6 W/kg).
1. Keep away from the body: Try to minimize the contact of the mobile phone with the body. Never put the phone in the pocket of a shirt or T-shirt. However, it is also not right to keep the phone in the pocket of paint. Better if kept in a bag.
2. Excess use of landline: If you work in an office, then keep the mobile on your desk and use the landline to talk. If you have a landline phone at home, use it more often.
3. Switch off when not in use: Using this method is not entirely for everyone but should be done as much as possible. You can switch off your mobile while sleeping at night.
4. Talk on Speaker: It is better to use hands free speaker or ear phone for conversation. After the conversation is complete, remove the earphone from the ear. If you do not want to use hands free speaker, then talk by keeping the phone about 1-2 cm away from the ear.
5. Use WhatsApp or Message: For small things, it would be better to do WhatsApp or message instead of call.
Things to avoid:
- Do not talk on the mobile during charging because in this case the radiation level coming out of the mobile increases up to 10 times.
- Do not use it even if the signal in the mobile is weak and the battery is very low, because even in such a situation the radiation increases.
Know, how accurate is the truth of the chip that claims to stop radiation:
A video went viral on social media. It was claimed that the radiation emanating from the mobile can be zeroed with a golden colored chip. A demo was also being shown in it.
- It is not possible to zero the radiation emanating from the mobile because the mobile signal will stop working if the radiation is zero. In such a situation, the claim made in this video was completely wrong.
- Avoid deception: The radiation emitted from the mobile cannot be reduced or eliminated with the help of a mobile cover or chip or other things,
Check your mobile’s radiation this way:
First of all dial *#07# from your mobile
– Here you will see the Maximum SAR (SAR-Specific Absorption Rate) level with two options. The essence level tells that the maximum radiation emitted by the mobile.
First option will appear of Body Essence and second of Head Essence. Head essence or radiation is the reading that emanates from the mobile during a phone call. Whereas body radiation is the reading that the phone normally gives out while it is kept in the pocket. Keep in mind that both these readings should be less than 1.6 W/kg (watt/kg).
The screen to see the radiation readings may be different in different smartphones. In some mobiles only the abstract value is given, but that too should be less than 1.6 W/kg.
– If your phone’s summary value or reading is more than 1.6 W/kg, replace your phone immediately.
– Go to the phone’s Settings. Here you will get the option of General. Click it. Click on About here. You will see Model written. By clicking here, you will know the model number of your iPhone. Take note of it.
Now you will see Legal written below in About itself. After clicking on these, you click on RF Exposure. Now you will see many things written. Scroll up the mobile screen. Below you will find a link to find out the SAR (radiation). Click on it. Here you will see the SAR value of your model of iPhone. If it is less than 1.6W/kg, there is no danger from radiation.
first published:Nov. 26, 2021, 1 a.m.