Dhanteras 2021: According to Vedacharyas, this year Dhanteras has a very Shubh yoga of Tripushkar. In such a situation, the shopping done on Shubh muhurat after the Kuber and Lord Dhanwantari puja is very auspicious for the whole year.
Brass is considered to be the metal of Lord Dhanwantari. Buying brass utensils or other materials on this auspicious day helps in maintaining health. Happiness and prosperity enter the house.
It is also auspicious to buy coriander, brooms, silver and gold jewellery and a statue of Lakshmi Ganesha on this day, whichever new items are purchased and brought to home are worshipped.
Here are the Shubh muhurat and Puja vidhi for Dhanteras.
Importance of Dhanteras:
Fourteen Ratnas were received during the Samudra Manthan of gods and asuras on the day of Kartik Krishna Trayodashi. This led to the incarnation of Lord Dhanwantari, so this day is celebrated as Dhanteras. This date is also known as Dhan Trayodashi. Mother Lakshmi appeared two days after Dhanteras.
Why shopping is auspicious?
According to the religious beliefs, Lord Dhanvantari had incarnated from the Samudra Manthan on Krishna Trayodashi with the Amrit Kalash in his hands, so buying utensils on the day of Dhanteras is considered auspicious. Brass is the metal associated with Lord Dhanwantari, on this auspicious day, the health of the person on brass utensils is good.
When to Shop?
Dhanteras is on November 2. On this day, the auspicious period to buy gold and silver will be from 06.20 p.m. to 08.11 p.m. Other purchases can be done from 11.30 am.
Shubh Muhurat for Shopping
- Abhijeet Muhurat: 11.11 am to 11.56 pm
- Amrit Muhurat: 11.33 am to 12.56 pm
- Shubh Yoga: 2.20 pm to 3.43 pm
- Vrash lagan: 6.18 pm to 8.14 pm
Dhanteras Pujan Timing
- Dhanteras Pujan: 5:25 pm to 6.00 pm
- Dhanwantari Pujan : 5.38 pm to 8.14 pm
Offer white sweets to Kuber and yellow to Dhanwantari
- On Dhanteras, buy idols of Lord Dhanwantari, Kuber, and Lakshmi Ganesha and install them in the north direction inside the temple.
- Offer dhoop, lamps, flowers, and put Chandan tilak to Lord Ganesha and Mother Lakshmi, then offer various fruits.
- Offer white sweets to Lord Kuber, yellow sweets to Dhanwantari god, and distribute prasad.
- Get blessings by bowing before God and pray for happiness and prosperity with folded hands.