New Delhi: Union Minister and BJP leader Anurag Thakur said during News 24 Manthan 2021 that many people will call 2020 as the year of the COVID-19 pandemic, but he will remember it as a year of change.
Anurag Thakur said that a lot of work has been done this year in agriculture, defense, air space and the coal and mineral sectors.
“More changes were made this year than 1991. In 1991, agriculture, defense and space were not touched. But this year a lot of reforms were made, which would create employment opportunities for crores of people and would bring billions of trillions of investment,” Anurag Thakur.
Important points in Anurag Thakur’s statement at News 24 Manthan 2021:
– In the last 8 months when the entire world was forced to stay home, PM Modi’s government was continuously working. There has also been a record FDI in the country in the last 8 months.
– If your thinking is positive then everything goes in a positive direction. We thought from day one that we India will beat the coronavirus pandemic. We succeeded to a great extent. PM Modi co-operated with the states and gave Rs 15,000 crore to the field of health. Today there are 2500 labs. Earlier, we did not make a single PPE kit, but today we make and export more than 5 lakhs. We are making COVID-19 vaccines and giving it transporting it to every corner of the country.
– We put money in the account of businessman and common man through various schemes. 31 thousand crores as help in the account of more than two and a half crores of women. 3 thousand crores was added to the account of 3 crore Divyang. In the time of 9 crore farmers, 40 thousand crore rupees were attacked in 2 installments.
– In EPFO, we put 6750 crores in the account of small companies. This brought us into the economy in a v-op. The ratings agency across the world has said that India will move ahead in the coming years with the best growth rate in the world.
– The collection of GST in the month of September was 91 thousand crores last year and this year it increased to 95 thousand crores. This time collection of more than 1 lakh crore rupees was achieved in November, which shows that economic activities are going well.
– PM Modi took steps for the welfare of the farmers. PM Modi brought insurance, in which the farmers paid a premium of 14 thousand crores, but they were given compensation of 70 thousand crores. There was no shortage of manure in 6 years.
– We launched the portal named Ename, which added more than 1 thousand mandis.
– We changed agricultural laws and the prices of wheat and paddy that we have given in the first 6 years are 43% higher than in 2014. Prices of pulses and oilseeds have increased by 65 per cent. Along with this, purchase also increased. Wheat procurement increased by 74 percent and paddy by 113 percent.