Bijapur (Chhattisgarh): Naxalites, who have become cancers for the internal security system of the country, have once again committed a dastard act. 23 brave sons in the country have been martyred in a Naxalite attack in the Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh.
A total of 31 jawans are injured. The condition of 12 security personnel among the injured is critical. In retaliation, the security forces have killed over 15 Naxalites and a search operation is going on in the area. This is the biggest Naxalite attack of this year.
According to reports, the Naxalites used indigenous rocket launchers and an LMG in the attack. The bodies of 24 soldiers have been recovered so far in the Naxalite attack on Saturday in the Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh.
It is being said that the security forces had received information that Hidma, a commander of the Naxalites, was hiding in Povarti village of Bijapur. On this information, CRPF and District Reserve Guard of Chhattisgarh Police conducted a joint operation. As the security forces were going inside, the Naxalites ambushed them and attacked them. Around 200 to 300 Naxalites attacked the security personnel with bullets, pointed weapons and indigenous rocket launchers from all sides. It is being told that this attack on the security forces has been led by the Naxalite unit People’s Liberation Group Army Platoon One, which is headed by Hidma himself.
The security forces were stranded and scattered in the two-km-long ambush area. The encounter continued for about 5 to 6 hours, that is, until four o’clock on Saturday evening, there was a fierce confrontation between the security forces and the Naxalites. The place where the encounter took place is just 15 km from the Tarram Base Camp of the security forces. The ambush was an attack similar to that in 2010 in Tadmetla and in Minpa in 2020.