Oct. 28, 2020, 8:26 a.m.
Patna: Voting is going on in the first phase of Bihar assembly elections 2020 in 71 seats in 16 districts amid tight security.
The security forces have recovered two improvised explosive devices (IEDs) from Dhibra area of Aurangabad district.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has appealed to voters to follow the coronavirus guidelines while voting.
Meanwhile, Union Minister Giriraj Singh also reached the booth to cast his vote.
On Wednesday, more than two crore voters will decide the fate of 1066 candidates in 71 seats. The candidates include 952 male and 114 female candidates, including eight ministers.
The eight ministers whose fate is to be decided in the first phase include Agriculture Minister Prem Kumar, Education Minister Krishnanandan Prasad Verma, Rural Affairs Minister Shailesh Kumar, Science and Technology Minister Jayakumar Singh, Land Reforms and Revenue Minister Ram Narayan Mandal, Labour Minister Vijay Kumar Sinha, Mining Minister Brijkishore Bind, Transport Minister Santosh Kumar Nirala.
Here are the live updates:
– The polling, which started at 7 am, recorded 2.4 percent votes till 8 am. Maximum 4 percent vote registered in Patna.
– Union Minister Giriraj Singh arrives to vote.
– Delay in voting due to defect in EVM
– Union Minister Giriraj Singh reached polling booth number 33 at Barhia. EVM machine malfunctioned and he and other voters had to wait for 20 minutes.
– Polling started half an hour late due to malfunction in EVM at polling booths number 326, 327, 303 of Chanan in Jamui.
– Machine disturbances at the booth of Lakhisarai polling station number 196 Biharora village
– EVM malfunctions at Amarpur polling station number 283 in Banka district, polling interrupted.