Perth: India lost significant game against South Africa by 5 wickets and it will impact the points table in Group 2.
The Proteas dominated the game from the very start as they dismissed prominent players in the very start of the game.
Aiden Markram and David Miller became the savior for South Africa, both scoring half-century. India had put 133 runs and in the defense, they had tried well in the start. However, the tight position they created could not go for long and the duo of Markram-Miller went on to hurt India.
Here are the 5 mains reasons of India’s defeat against South Africa
- The batting performance of the Indian team is the main reason behind the defeat. Openers went back without giving any strong base and then the middle order couldn’t face the bowling attack despite knowing it beforehand.
- There were many instances where India gifted this match to Proteas. From dropping catches to missing run out, there were fielding errors that caused them losing this game.
- Choosing Dinesh Karthik over Rishabh Pant is also considered a reason for the fans to lose this game. Earlier today itself, there were debates that Rishabh Pant should be choice for tournament like this. Today, Karthik could only make 6 runs off 15 balls.
- Poor form of KL Rahul has been a question for a long time now. So far, India was winning and thus, this factor was being covered but today, his inability to score has increased the talks around it.
- Weak bowling attack. Arshdeep Singh had tried to clench the opposing party in the start but there wasn’t much support from other bowlers.